Paph delenatii flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
I fare much better with this second attempt. I didn't break any roots.

Most separated with soft teasing within the roots. But there are a bunch of big ones that have their roots sticking together so I decide to just plant it in clumps.

DSC_0263.jpg

It was these guys right here.

DSC_0265.jpg

Probably the biggest ones of the group in a 6" compot.

DSC_0268.jpg

The mediocre ones in a 6" pot

DSC_0267.jpg
\\

and the runts on a 4" compot

DSC_0266.jpg

not if you don't over-water.

GREAT looking flasklings. these should have no problem hardening off, the look really strong with firm leaves.

I have read about the agar hardening on the roots that it creates a water impenetrable crust. Of course I have never tried it so I don't know.

Great Job of deflasking! I bet they are going to be nice in a few months! Very big and healthy! Hopefully in near future we can trade!

Paphman910

Great looking seedlings.... A trick I thought of when I got my flask for Troy was to use a bamboo skewer to gently pull the roots apart.... Worked well.... Troy recommended to cut the roots with a razor blade.

Found deflasking a pain in neck.
Advil and toothpicks for this type of job here.
Good luck with them, I killed mine. :eek:

Thanks everyone. I will update it every once in a while. I'm hoping 2-3 years blooming size on this one but we'll see. I am probably setting myself for a disappointment. I am growing these flask with heat mats at night time and the tranlienianum without. I want to see if there are any effects on the growth rates between with heat mats and without.

Found deflasking a pain in neck.
Advil and toothpicks for this type of job here.
Good luck with them, I killed mine. :eek:

I used toothpick as well. Right now I am not sure if I want to do deflasking again. However, We'll see my experience with this one as I am wanting a flask of helenae, coccineum and barbigerum for a long time.

:)
Don't get the wrong idea, the Phrags have done ok.
But the delenatii, I destroyed them, six months down the road.
oops.

There is a vendor that we come across at some of the shows, that sells hobby flasks.
Eight to ten plants per jar, much easier on my eyes and spine.

Thanks everyone. I will update it every once in a while. I'm hoping 2-3 years blooming size on this one but we'll see. I am probably setting myself for a disappointment. I am growing these flask with heat mats at night time and the tranlienianum without. I want to see if there are any effects on the growth rates between with heat mats and without.

Would the trail be more "scientific" if you would have a equal parts of tranlianum and delenatii's with and without heat mats? :confused:

I'm thinking of buying one of these small windowsill greenhouses with cover and heating for my smallers Paphs that I'm having issues with.

Would the trail be more "scientific" if you would have a equal parts of tranlianum and delenatii's with and without heat mats? :confused:

I'm thinking of buying one of these small windowsill greenhouses with cover and heating for my smallers Paphs that I'm having issues with.

Thats what I use. A small greenhouse to increase humidity on them I find it very helpful. I can increase humidity without worrying molds and mildew growing in the house.

However, The flasklings are on a small trays with dome and a heat mat at the bottom. I only have one heat mat so far that I just turn on at night so they stay above 22c degrees.

Latest posts

Back