Paph Delenatii cupped/ curled leaves

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhouse

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just getting back into Paphs after 40 years. I just received these 3 Delenatiis and see that the leaves are curled/ cupped. Is this normal for this species? Most of the pictures I see don’t show this. All assistance is greatly appreciated.1A34315C-4789-4424-B645-40EBCD65F224.jpegBD27FDA8-8E91-4E8D-82DA-E655C1D6309B.jpeg0FC5C98A-F0E0-41B7-9205-7BCB01D08CC8.jpeg

If they're newly acquired then they may have been growing close to their neighbours in the nursery so that the leaves couldn't grow down to where they wanted to as they were butted up against their neighbours' leaves doing the same.

Thank you so very much for the feedback. I kept going back in my mind to plant physiology classes. We discussed similar issues being caused by something- deficiency, toxicity, or growth stimulants. That was 40 some years ago so memory’s aren’t that great. These are brand new acquisitions. There appears to be quite a bit of salt accumulation on the bottom of the pots and medium looks like it starting to break down. As soon as the acclimated off to new pots and media. Thanks again everyone.

Latest posts

Back