Paph. delenatii 'Charlie' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this beautiful division from John. Received an AM from AOS at the Toronto show in 2018.

Flowers are quite large at almost 11 cm. And very voluptuous lol.

20210302_110712.jpg20210302_110640.jpg20210302_110649.jpg20210302_110656.jpg

Interesting that when slightly backlit, most of the normal type and vinicolors show pink colors in tepals.

Very nice! Is it fragrant?
I just wonder, " normally" how big is the flower or LS(plant size)? Currently, I have an alba form in bloom, the flower is over 10cm NS like yours and the plant's LS is over 14".

Very nice! Is it fragrant?
I just wonder, " normally" how big is the flower or LS(plant size)? Currently, I have an alba form in bloom, the flower is over 10cm NS like yours and the plant's LS is over 14".
Normally is 8-9 cm. Anything over 10 cm is great if they maintain the full round flat shape.

How's the shape of your alba?

Normally is 8-9 cm. Anything over 10 cm is great if they maintain the full round flat shape.

How's the shape of your alba?
not bad. I posted it not long ago. You can find it next page or so. thanks.

How long do you quarantine?
At least 2 weeks with the following treatments:

1. Spray merit twice 10 days apart (start day 1)
2. Sluggo into mix
3. Horticultural oil or miticide days 5 and 14

I will extend if problem persists or even repot.

My collection is pretty pest free. The occasional bacterial or fungal infections do occur though. I use physan and phyton27 (and peroxide, sulfur dust) for these.

At least 2 weeks with the following treatments:

1. Spray merit twice 10 days apart (start day 1)
2. Sluggo into mix
3. Horticultural oil or miticide days 5 and 14

I will extend if problem persists or even repot.

My collection is pretty pest free. The occasional bacterial or fungal infections do occur though. I use physan and phyton27 (and peroxide, sulfur dust) for these.
Interesting. It sounds like you treat prophylactically. I think I might adopt this. Once I get rid of the bugs I have now, I’ll make sure everything new is clean before integrating. I have one set of windows left in my bathroom that I can make a quarantine zone.

Leslie, this is a wonderful Paph. delenatii which deserved it's AM without any doubt. I like not only the flower due to its perfect shape but also the foliage. 👌👌

Back