Paph. delenatii alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
The first of my delenatti have begun to open. So far this one looks best.

49463001183_8fab74a66d_c.jpg

Beautiful!!
My tiny seedling surprised me with a bud in the spring of 2018 and even more surprising was that its was my very first fragrant delenatii!! Strongly rose scented.
It has been slowly growing and finally, in two years, I see a sheath emerging deep down at the center of the new growth. Yay!!

Wow... the delenatii var alba I posted not long ago is you plants sibling. They almost look like twins. It’s a great great cross. A couple weeks later mine topped out at NS 9cm on a single fan first bloom so let us know where yours ends up.
22B1D652-4D54-492D-9BE1-A7FFDB7AFDE4.jpeg 5D48B91F-3F17-4998-BAAA-48FCA611E721.jpeg
This last picture was taken tonight with no background. Sorry about the picture quality my lights went out at 11:00pm.
B4D41E7A-0FBD-42EB-BB4F-96B064A23EDC.jpeg

All fantastic albas. They have come a long way since their discovery.
It's amazing how the weak albas were improved with the two step breeding with the type form to get vigour and size. This was also done with charlesworthii albas (and I am sure with many others not revealed by nurseries).

Wow... the delenatii var alba I posted not long ago is you plants sibling. They almost look like twins. It’s a great great cross. A couple weeks later mine topped out at NS 9cm on a single fan first bloom so let us know where yours ends up.
View attachment 19390 View attachment 19389
This last picture was taken tonight with no background. Sorry about the picture quality my lights went out at 11:00pm.
View attachment 19388

Thanks! I will let you know in another week or so the spread (not sure if it will change much over the time but just in case). Did you grow yours from flask? Mine was indivually bought a year ago so can't take too much credit to what it is today.

Thanks everyone else's comments. I had my fingers crossed when the bud first appeared as only just before my malipoense bud blighted early :-(. When I saw this I was very careful to avoid water on the leaves and in the crown.

Latest posts

Back