Paph David Ott

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carper

Reaction score
Hi All,

A very big plant of over 12 growths. It has flowered for me 3 times but normally only a single spike and with 2 flowers. Think I'm getting there with it. Achieved an award of merit at one of Europes largest orchid events at Malvern in the UK, so pleased with that and was entered for an award with the RHS. Didn't quite get to the standard. Need to increase the flower count and have at least the 2 or possibly 3 spikes simultaneously. Another challenge but will be a couple of years I think.

Gary
UK

Superb! Just getting into multiflorals myself (courtesy of the same Malvern show last week) so this gives me something to aspire to. Congrats on the award :)

That's fantastic Gary. They sure are striking flowers. A beautifully grown plant as well.

I'm not sure why you would need multiple spikes for a flower quality award. One spike with four or five flowers should suffice. Good luck in achieving that.

That's fantastic Gary. They sure are striking flowers. A beautifully grown plant as well.

I'm not sure why you would need multiple spikes for a flower quality award. One spike with four or five flowers should suffice. Good luck in achieving that.

Just a bit of feedback David that came back from the RHS committee meeting. You can only try!

Gary

Latest posts

Back