Paph. curtisii longevity

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
Back on June 7th I posted a photo with the heading of "Paph. curtisii or superbiens?" This is a photo I took yesterday (10/08/17) of the same flower, which still hasn't faded. I typically expect a Paph bloom to last 2 to maybe three months. This has been in bloom for over four. Should I consider getting ahold of Cindy Crawford and Dr. Sabbagh?

Paph. curtisii 10/08/17

Paph. curtisii 06/07/17

Last edited:
They look identical!! If the root system is good I'd say set the record, I'd consider crossing it with a short lived bloom span species

Back on June 7th I posted a photo with the heading of "Paph. curtisii or superbiens?" This is a photo I took yesterday (10/08/17) of the same flower, which still hasn't faded.

Very impressive to see the same bloom after blooming out and 4 months later and tere is no changing.

I typically expect a Paph bloom to last 2 to maybe three months. This has been in bloom for over four. ......

There are many Paphs whith flowering periods of two or more months....but also a lot with much less.

And why did you start two threads?? :confused:

In answer to GuRu, I originally started the thread with just the Oct. picture. I decided to edit the thread to include the original photo from June, but when I looked at the result I thought the edit didn't take. I re-saved the edit resulting in two identical threads. I.E., a mistake. If one of the moderators would remove the second thread that would be great.

I remember seeing descriptions of Paph superbiens flowers lasting well over 4 months. They said they needed to dust off the flowers long before they faded.

I think it is special. They do last for long time, like easily 2-3months in pristine conditions. Lasting well over 4 months might be an odd case or a bit of a stretch. At least, not a general description for the entire species?

Back