Paph curtisii Gruene Fahne

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
Complements of the season to all. šŸŽ„

I have a lovely first-flowering curtisii in flower, the pouch looks like a deep rich plum velvet (which I cannot seem to capture on my phone) and the spotting is well distributed on the petals.
20211229_091056.jpg20211229_091218.jpg
A question to our German members on this forum - is gruene fahne (green flag) and rote fahne (red flag) a horticultural description or a clonal name? The bud on the P curtisii rote fahne blasted, but both were bought as seedlings which makes me think it is a horticultural descriptions - they certainly were not divisions.

All the best for 2022 from sunny, hot and humid Durban

JL

Jaye, this is a lovely P. curtisi ! šŸ‘Œ
......A question to our German members on this forum - is gruene fahne (green flag) and rote fahne (red flag) a horticultural description or a clonal name? ........
I don't know from where you purchased this plants but what I know is that 'Schwerter Orchideenzucht' sell Paph curtisii and distinguish it in Paph curtisii, P. curtisii grĆ¼ne Fahne and Paph. curtisii rote Fahne. Both are horticultural terms which refer to the dominating colour in the dorsal colouration. I don't know if these terms were invented by 'Schwerter Orchideenzucht' or not but by no means they are clonal names.

Last edited:
Back