Paph curtisii Gruene Fahne

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
Complements of the season to all. 🎄

I have a lovely first-flowering curtisii in flower, the pouch looks like a deep rich plum velvet (which I cannot seem to capture on my phone) and the spotting is well distributed on the petals.
20211229_091056.jpg20211229_091218.jpg
A question to our German members on this forum - is gruene fahne (green flag) and rote fahne (red flag) a horticultural description or a clonal name? The bud on the P curtisii rote fahne blasted, but both were bought as seedlings which makes me think it is a horticultural descriptions - they certainly were not divisions.

All the best for 2022 from sunny, hot and humid Durban

JL

Jaye, this is a lovely P. curtisi ! đź‘Ś
......A question to our German members on this forum - is gruene fahne (green flag) and rote fahne (red flag) a horticultural description or a clonal name? ........
I don't know from where you purchased this plants but what I know is that 'Schwerter Orchideenzucht' sell Paph curtisii and distinguish it in Paph curtisii, P. curtisii grĂĽne Fahne and Paph. curtisii rote Fahne. Both are horticultural terms which refer to the dominating colour in the dorsal colouration. I don't know if these terms were invented by 'Schwerter Orchideenzucht' or not but by no means they are clonal names.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back