Quantcast

Paph.Crowning Glory (JB x sandy)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Very nice flower and hybrid. The petals of your flower are spread widely almost like an arc. I looked up other photos in the net with the stance of the petals more narrow, more sandy like. And yes, 4 or 5 flowers on the spike would be a feast for the eyes.

Redtwist

Crownrot Prince
Reaction score
Very nice flower and hybrid. The petals of your flower are spread widely almost like an arc. I looked up other photos in the net with the stance of the petals more narrow, more sandy like. And yes, 4 or 5 flowers on the spike would be a feast for the eyes.
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.
Yes, the shape of the shoulders is nice and symmetrical. Its best feature I think. Some of these get the black-base anitum dorsal I think. That would have been super nice, but we mustn’t be greedy! Very pleased with its potential anyway.
Chris, UK

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these get the black-base anitum dorsal I think. That would have been super nice
Yes, but if anitum had been involved, then your plant would have been the result of a completely different cross, namely P. Wössner Black Wings x sandy. JB pr definition is Roth x adductum var. adductum.
And that said, one, sometimes, is prone to wonder, whether in fact some of the JBs with the black-base dorsals not actually are WBWs?

Latest posts