Paph (Coorong x Wellconabe) '#3'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

paphreek

Reaction score
Here is the latest to bloom from this cross. The colors are interesting, but the form is not good.
PaphCoorongxWellconabe3.jpg

For comparison: '#1' and '#2'
PaphCoorongxWellconabe1.jpg

PaphCoorongxWellconabe2.jpg

G

goldenrose

It's too bad about the form on #1, I like the color/markings.
#2 & 3 are quite nice!

C

Corbin

Amazing difference. I would not have thought this possible but then I am new at this.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
#2 is the one I would likely keep. #3 might be a lot better on a subsequent bloom when it is a multigrowth plant, it does have pleasant color. #2 does little for me. But, what we like is personal taste. It is fun to see the results of our own breeding. Great job.

paphreek

Reaction score
#2 is the one I would likely keep. #3 might be a lot better on a subsequent bloom when it is a multigrowth plant, it does have pleasant color. #2 does little for me. But, what we like is personal taste. It is fun to see the results of our own breeding. Great job.

'#1', the middle picture, is the only one I've kept so far. It has the best form and the colors are much more vibrant in natural light. I took the photo under fluorescent lights because we in the middle of a cloudy, prolonged cold spell in the middle of last winter. I'm looking forward to its next bloom.
I also have two more in bud.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
That's what I meant to type, plant #1, the second photo was my favorite. Please keep posting the pictures. It is fun to compare.
Thanks
Leo