Paph. concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well grown plant, certainly a nice enough flower, but I think you are correct in suspecting that it is not pure concolor IMHO. Maybe something like Paph. Wenshanense x concolor.

Strong and well grown plant with a lovely flower. I know, both photos show the same flower .... but the first photo might feed some doubts not to be pure concolor whereas the flower in the second photo looks more concolor like.
................. but I think you are correct in suspecting that it is not pure concolor IMHO. Maybe something like Paph. Wenshanense x concolor.
Paph. wenshanense x P. concolor might be an option.

My immediate thought was wenshanense, but that didn't quite fit with the overall shape of the flower... then reading the thread, I found Paphluvr and Rudolf's (Guru) input about wenshanense x concolor convincing...now I'm back to doubting as concolor is such a variable species...though, on the other hand, that staminode is that really to be perceived as pure concolor??? 🤯

Nice flower and plant, though, will be wonderful to see it with all those leads mature and in flower! 🙂

Last edited:
Not that the leaves are the definitive answer to identify concolor but hieroglyphic patterns are unique to the species. This plant is from 2003 and I believe collected at the time.
16698513977646443781102345869258.jpg

Your plant for the most part has a similar pattern to it.

Latest posts

Back