Paph. concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Barbara

A seedling that I bought last year has it's first bloom, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I didn't know concolor would bloom at such a young age, now I'm thinking that it will be an impressive plant if it makes it to maturity.

Here's an image taken outdoors in the shade:
HPIM2115.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's an image taken outdoors in full late day sun:
HPIM2111.jpg
[/IMG]

That first photo is my favourite, that one looks superb.

Looks award quality to me but what do I know......;-)

Lovely, I think one of my maude noids is going to have to make space for one of these.
Thanks,
Tim

Award quality, thanks. I've never done that kind of thing, I'm just an amateur grower but thanks for the compliment.:D

Nice pictures paphioboy, they do look very alike, the parents of mine are 'Spotty' x 'Dudley Ott' AM/AOS. Do you know the parentage of yours by chance? Maybe one of the species experts around here can fill us in, but I believe wenshanense is another name for the natural cross conco-bellatulum.

Link: http://www.orchidweb.com/OrchidOfWeek.aspx?ID=511 I think flower in the photo in this link looks quite a lot rounder than ours.

Thanks for all the kind reply's! So far this little fella is one of my fav's in the collection, definitely worth adding to any collection. We recently found a leucochilum that should flower within the year too, as long as I don't do anything stupid.:D

Paphioboy, I just found your thread on the wenshanense, very facinating reading. Sorry I missed it originally, wasn't around here much at the time. You have taken very good care of it and should be proud. :clap:

Latest posts

Back