Paph concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I have two of these in bloom right now, and a couple more that are opening. I'll post more photos over the next few days, I'm sure.

This is a plant that I imported this spring... the bloom is quite a bit smaller than the one in bloom that I got from Hawaii. I should take a comparison photo. The color on this one is better, though (the other one is greenish), and prefer the shape of this one. It's not the sort of shape that is awardable, but I like it anyway :)

paph-concolor1a.jpg

paph-concolor1b.jpg

paph-concolor1c.jpg

- Matthew Gore

Wow, that concolor was snubbed. Maybe someone will like this one :)

This one came in from Hawaii a few days ago, and was in spike... I'm blaming the form on the shipping. It has much heavier substance than the earlier one I posted. The color is pretty green, though, which I don't like as much.

paph-concolor-qf1.jpg

- Matt

This is easily my favourite species of the brachy's and I really like the shape and colouring of the first one. For my taste, clones of this species that are too round (if that is what awardable means ? ... please excuse my ignorance) ... often don't have as much of the charm and elegance that I expect from this species.

Another thing I like about this species is that the leaves can have wonderful silvery markings. From the photos the first one wins in this department, but this could just be the lighting for the photograph.

Finally, to be fair, I like the second one too, but given the choice ...

Cheers,
Tim

The greenish is different, I kinda like it. Do you think the color could change with age?

I've had another Paph concolor open. This is another imported one, from the same group as the plant in the first post.

Here's a little comparison shot, with the plant from the first photo...

paph-concolors.jpg

And here are a few shots of it individually:

paph-concolor2a.jpg

paph-concolor2b.jpg

paph-concolor2c.jpg

paph-concolor2d.jpg

Nothing especially spectacular about this plant or bloom, it's just a little bit more variation for the collection. Hope you like it :)

- Matt

They are all beautiful, I love the rounder flower in the first shots the best. My little one is getting a flower on it already, and I can hardly believe it since it's still a very small plant. Thanks for posting so many pictures.

OK, I think that this will be the final concolor photo that I post for a while :)

This is a smaller one, it just opened a couple days ago.

paph-concolor3a.jpg

- Matt

Thanks :) Incidentally, I waited and checked to see whether the greenish one would turn more yellow (or at least, less green) with age, and it didn't. Still the same color :)

- Matt

So many nice concolors! How big are the flowers?
May I post my concolor's photos here or should I start a new thread?

Hey Shadow,

I'd certainly like to see your concolors.... I'd start a new thread, though, if I were you. But feel free to post them here, too.

- Matt

I have only one concolor. Those photos that I took today are very bad. I should try tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back