• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph Collection for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did anyone else take advantage of this? LOL I of course did my box is being shipped so should know how much of a bargain it was on thursday or friday when it gets here......I did ask if he knew how many plants were in the box and he said it was the fullest one he has sent out yet since I had said I did not mind TLC plants as well he did remember that he had put a few Dr Toot Paphs in there...anyway he said to pass along his contact info as he still has more especially Catts......I will let you guys know what all I get in my box and in the mean time if anyone wants the contact info just contact me

Todd

well lets just say I was not real happy when I opened my box.....for my $50 I got 7 plants.....I had said it was ok to put some tlc plants in there and expect for the Dr Toots<2> and the Neostylis....the other 4 are very much TLC plants .........the grower seems to think that his listing was not misleading and that he figured a value of 40 for the plants and the other 10 for shipping and handling......also where he says in the ad the he will send the plants out of pot so that he can maximize the quanity of plants in lieu of shipping media he says he meant in lieu of the potting media and that no where else in the US could I get 7 plants for $40......I do not know do you think I have a right to be a bit upset?

Last edited:
well lets just say I was not real happy when I opened my box.....for my $50 I got 7 plants.....I had said it was ok to put some tlc plants in there and expect for the Dr Toots<2> and the Neostylis....the other 5 are very much TLC plants .........the grower seems to think that his listing was not misleading and that he figured a value of 40 for the plants and the other 10 for shipping and handling......also where he says in the ad the he will send the plants out of pot so that he can maximize the quanity of plants in lieu of shipping media he says he meant in lieu of the potting media and that no where else in the US could I get 7 plants for $40......I do not know do you think I have a right to be a bit upset?

Maybe not , He did fill the 12 x 12 x 8 box right? seems to be reasonable 6.00 a plant. Still a saving
I used to give away to my friends & cousins lot of orchids. And a 12x12 x 8 is not much for sizes. One time I can only fit 3 large plants in it. The square shape is not really convenience for certain plant.
Most of the times I used a slightly larger but rectangular shape box and I can fit more, 10 to 15 plants in it.

no the box was not full of plants there were a lot of styrofoam peanuts and the 7 plants I mistyped there were 4 catts.....and none of the plants were huge

The 3 paphs might make up for it. The Dr. Toots alone would probably run at least $20 each depending on size and where you bought them. What was the other one?

I do not have a dig cam guess I need to invest in one.....the only thing I will say about the Dr Toots is that they are both 2 growth plants with a couple of small nubs/new growths coming on

Just a quick google and look see and I couldn't find a Dr. Toots for under $30. I don't think you got a screamin' good deal, but I think the 2 paphs are probably worth what you paid(if in good condition and decent size). It's a good cross. I'm waiting for my wee one to grow up.

Just a quick google and look see and I couldn't find a Dr. Toots for under $30. I don't think you got a screamin' good deal, but I think the 2 paphs are probably worth what you paid(if in good condition and decent size). It's a good cross. I'm waiting for my wee one to grow up.

So according to Candace, you got a decent market price for the two Dortor Toots. Although not a steal, you still get 8 other plants to play with.
If you list all the names, we maybe able to figure the rest of freebies are valuable.

I got a package, too, containing 7 catt hybrids ranging from smallish to probably NBS, a small Neostylis Lou Sneary, and two healthy large BS vanda-type plants, one of which I don't have, labeled Praneoom Arnet Gordon Dillon. Will have to check it out. By the time I found out about the offer he was all out of paphs. Too bad. Renegayde - I'd be willing to trade something for one of your Dr. Toots. Hint, hint.

The Catts were pretty beat up and dehydrated, but are salvagable and appear on first inspection to be free of scale and other nasty things. I would say they are all in the TLC category. The vanadaceous looked better. I wouldn't say the package was a steal, but I don't feel ripped off or disappointed, either. I saw the pics of the plants, and wasn't expecting anything valuable, just a grab-bag adventure. I'll probably keep things that are not duplicates of ones that I already have, and donate the rest to our local orchid society raffle table once they're rehabilitated a little.

I think it is a hybrid of something with vanda Gordon Dillon
Gordon Dillon is a blue spots vanda.

I got a package, too, containing 7 catt hybrids ranging from smallish to probably NBS, a small Neostylis Lou Sneary, and two healthy large BS vanda-type plants, one of which I don't have, labeled Praneoom Arnet Gordon Dillon. Will have to check it out. By the time I found out about the offer he was all out of paphs. Too bad. Renegayde - I'd be willing to trade something for one of your Dr. Toots. Hint, hint.

The Catts were pretty beat up and dehydrated, but are salvagable and appear on first inspection to be free of scale and other nasty things. I would say they are all in the TLC category. The vanadaceous looked better. I wouldn't say the package was a steal, but I don't feel ripped off or disappointed, either. I saw the pics of the plants, and wasn't expecting anything valuable, just a grab-bag adventure. I'll probably keep things that are not duplicates of ones that I already have, and donate the rest to our local orchid society raffle table once they're rehabilitated a little.

Anyone ever heard of Vanda Praneoom Arnet? I get nothing when I google it. Depending on what it is, the hybrid with Gordon Dillon could be very nice. It is big and healthy, so it should probably bloom soon and I'll find out that way. The other vanadaceous plant that I got was a blooming size Ascda Princess Mikasa, which I already have, but will probably keep anyway.

Latest posts

Back