Paph Clifton Booth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Looking at my Paph pics and found this one that I haven't shared before that I know of. It should flower again this year and I will be looking for another nice yellow or gold to put it with. How about some suggestions??? Nice ones please.
Its P. Clifton Booth "Gold Reef ", pic is of first flowering.
CliftonBooth.jpg

Great coloration! Use Lady Isabel to open (and enlarge) dorsal, add color and drop petals.

Thanks folks, I like the idea of P.philipinense alba very much, now if I can get the pollen. The Lady Isabel is good too. I was thinking once I asked the question on using P. haynaldianum alba which I can get some what easily or P.Henrietta Fujiwara alba, I have 3 seedlings ready to throw spikes. They will probably keep the petals horizontal but will keep the plant compact and multi floral to a degree. There is of course a plant of P. Transvaal 'Canary', socalled by the good yellow dorsal, that should flower around the same time. ( sorry no pic )
All I need is to have the flowers open at the right time.

Hey, since there is some yellow / gold in this flower plus twisted and down swept petals, what do you think about this as a parent.
praestans.jpg

Its my P. praestans. An out cross from 2 very good clones and is a genuine praestans, not glanduliferum.

I don't know much about hybridizing, but my concern would be losing the yellow color if I crossed it with something other than a green or yellow.

Latest posts

Back