Paph ciliolare

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I got this little plant last summer along with about 14 others. The first I had in spike had a plant fall on it from an upper bench just as it was beginning to open, so I lost the spike. The next one blasted while still quite low. This one started about a month and a half ago, and then stalled for a couple of weeks, and another started to spike, which I thought would catch up, but this one made the final push faster.

Anyway, its a very nice little species. The leaves are very compact; each leaf only about 3 inches long, but the bloom is nice sized. The form on this one is pretty good, too :)

paph-ciliolare1a.jpg

paph-ciliolare1b.jpg

paph-ciliolare1c.jpg

paph-ciliolare1d.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos!

- J. Matthew Gore

Hope you enjoy the photos! - J. Matthew Gore

Broken off or blasted buds are always an annoying thing but in the end this plant made you lucky. And regarding the photos - I don't like them because they are extraordinarily good, too good to be true. :rollhappy:
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Might be a natural hybrid as well... Very nice flower anyway!

Sanderianum,

Here's a photo of the plant, in a 3.4" pot.

paph-ciliolare1leaves.jpg

The petals do look a little narrow, but I'd be interested to hear what other species it might have in it. I'm of the opinion that there is some gene flow between many of the closely related species still, and this should be considered variation within the species, in most cases.

- Matt

I'm not a species [except parvis] person but the size make this one very attractive. Great photos. I like reading stories like this one; it makes me feel less foolish when I knock plant over or flood my floor. :(

Found some old pics

Might be a natural hybrid as well... Very nice flower anyway!

Matt, when I first looked at your pics something looked odd to me. In reading Sanderianums post I looked thru my collection of Paph species pics and came up with these 2. Looking at these you may, as I do, understand Sanderianums post which was my original thoughts.
index_001_001-6.jpg

index_001-9.jpg

Here are some pictures I took back in the Philippines of the species Paph. ciliolare. I thing that is a hybrid with hennisianum. I love your photos!

Ramon:)

Paph. ciliolare 1 & 2
2323714303_fdd719ee2f_b.jpg

2323714379_0b34dd0c63_b.jpg

Paph. hennisianum
2323723971_98e72482eb_b.jpg

Back