Paph ciliolare

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breathtaking. Just incredible. What’s the secret to such amazing photos?

I’m interested to know how you take your great pics?

Thanks. The gear I use is a Nikon D800 SLR camera and a 60 mm macro lens. To ensure sharpness I always use a tripod and a shutter release cable and I always lock up the mirror. I normally shoot at F8 or F11. I use black velvet as the background. I always expose to ensure the background is jet black and the fabric cannot be seen in the photograph. The further the plant is away from the background the better.

I always use natural diffused light. I take the photographs under my pergola. Some nice backlighting can really make the flower pop.

I think we are all anxious to see these genes in action...can you save and/or send pollen? I don’t grow this fraught species but your flower fills me with covetousness.
OK. I will make sure I save the pollen. I probably won't let it flower too long. When I cut the spike I will get the pollen.

The flower is big too. This species produces a bigger flower than I appreciated.

Back