• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph Chocolate Mint

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAB

Reaction score
Recently discovered this little gem and was wondering if anyone had one for sale/trade?

Thanks
Jake

Looks like it is called Mint Chocolate. Terry Root registered it . (malipoense ' Bear' x goderfroyae var. leucochilum). If you google by Paph. Mint Chocolate you will find several places that sell. In the first minute, I found about 5.

I only see orchids.com ( I do not recommend them) and a German nursery.
What others do you see??

Cloud's Orchids in Canada had seedlings in the past, but they always sold out fast.
I did manage to snatch one. :)

Yeah, Fang and I will never do business again. There is another company up in BC but they require a $500 minimum order from the US.

Well if you ever get any divisions Happy let me know, would love to buy one from you.

Cheers
Jake

Yeah, it is unfortunate.

Mine is ready to bloom any time given the size of the plant, which is a bit on the large side than I'd like.
It is still a single growth, but let's see how lucky I will get in the next few years.

The result can be variable of course, but the best will be that Japanese clone
'Mint Moon', with nice tessellation of leucochilum and green background of malipoense.

I still regret for not getting them right when I saw them listed on Cloud's Orchids.

I have a leucochilum nearing a blooming size and it that turns out nice, I will attempt at remaking it since I have a bunch of malipoense.
Wish me luck! :)

By the way, if you are fine with something with spotting rather than strong tessellation, then Ma Belle should be good for you?
Peter from Big Leaf has 3 on eBay but likely more in his greenhouse.
Buy them all and one might come out nice! ;)

Thanks Happy! I am falling in love with all the brachys!!
I plan on ordering from Cloud when their new list comes out. Looks like they are doing lots of great crosses including thaianum which is my favorite!

Cheers
Jake

Yeah, It's something I'm getting used to myself.
I love how small they are, for the most part, that is. and nicely marked leaves.
Flowers seem all the same and boring, and I'm not into spots myself, but some good ones are "good"!!

This is why I'm trying all the brachy hybrids with something else for colors and other variations.

Most brachys are budding for me as if they all talk to one another. lol

This forum has some seriously unadjusted folks on it. Just randomly asking where people live; random threats on messaging. Very strange

Latest posts

Back