Paph charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Not huge but a nice colour.

charlesworthii.jpg
[/URL]

charlesworthii

Well grown is too less. Of couse it's well grown but the flowers are lovely too...not to talk about the good photo.
Sorry, Im not belittling the fact that the flowers are nice and the shot is great. Those are already said. For me growing and health of the plant gets more score and my attention. More so if it is a rebloom.

Beautiful , charlesworthii blooming now in Australia ?

Sorry, Im not belittling the fact that the flowers are nice and the shot is great. Those are already said. For me growing and health of the plant gets more score and my attention. More so if it is a rebloom.

Gego, there's no need for an justification. I personally thought there just has to be said more.

A lovely and well grown couple...what is there not to like about them?! :)

And, David, so nice to see a post from you again! I really wondered, how things were your end - after first the air pollution, due to the forest fires; then the need for repair on your green house because of the hail storm, that followed; and now the COVID-19 crisis! I hope, you are pulling through - judging from the photos in this thread, you seem not to have totally caved into the pressure! ;)

Most kind regards, Jens

PS. The "little ones" are doing fine, will send you a greeting from them and an update photo in the near foreseen future!

A lovely and well grown couple...what is there not to like about them?! :)

And, David, so nice to see a post from you again! I really wondered, how things were your end - after first the air pollution, due to the forest fires; then the need for repair on your green house because of the hail storm, that followed; and now the COVID-19 crisis! I hope, you are pulling through - judging from the photos in this thread, you seem not to have totally caved into the pressure! ;)

Most kind regards, Jens

PS. The "little ones" are doing fine, will send you a greeting from them and an update photo in the near foreseen future!

Thanks Jens

Things are coming together here. Today they finally finished fixing the house after that horrendous hail storm back in January. It only took them three months. The bad news is they have just told me they are not prepared to fix the greenhouse as I have modified it. Who doesn't modify a greenhouse? So the insurance company will provide a payout meaning I am going to have to fix it myself. I wish I had known that three months ago as I could have been working on it over summer. With winter approaching (snow forecast in the mountains tomorrow), the logistics are complicated.

Great to hear your plants are doing well.

David

What amazing photos!! Thanks for sharing!
I'm still struggling with this species.
My three (two dark colored variety and one album) plants from OZ years ago (bought as seedlings) are yet to flower for me.
I might as well just try different strains and see if I would get any luckier.
How do you grow yours, David?

What amazing photos!! Thanks for sharing!
I'm still struggling with this species.
My three (two dark colored variety and one album) plants from OZ years ago (bought as seedlings) are yet to flower for me.
I might as well just try different strains and see if I would get any luckier.
How do you grow yours, David?

I hear comments about people struggling with this species all the time. We don't do anything special and ours grow really well. They grow on hillsides so they need a well drained mix. I have seen them struggle when grown in a 'wetter' media. We use Orchiata with about 30% number 3 perlite and some charcoal. They get watered once per week, except when it's really hot. Then they get a second watering mid-week.
They grow on limestone in situ but I have never added that to the mix. The calcium in a complete fertilizer like MSU seems to provide all they need. Our well water is loaded with calcium so we do not need to supplement.

Dave

Latest posts

Back