Paph charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the first to bloom of several Paph charlesworthii's that are in bud. I'll post the others for comparison as they bloom.

This charlesworthii was the first to bloom from an Orchid Inn flask where each parent carried half alba genes. Obviously this is not one of the albas, but on its second blooming turned out quite nice.
PaphcharlesworthiiOI1.jpg

Very nice!:clap:
My charlesworthii is in low bud, what's the clonal X on yours?

Very

nice dorsal indeed. The contrast with the pouch and petals is very striking. Well done
Frederick

very nice charlesworthii ! how long after you deflasked it did it bloom ?

This one was the first to bloom last year on a single small growth. They were deflasked in June of 2003. Most of the seedlings have been very slow growing. I either not giving them what they need in terms of culture or it's the genetics of the plants. The cross is 'Jumbo' x 'Half and Half'. Both parents are half alba.

This one was the first to bloom last year on a single small growth. They were deflasked in June of 2003. Most of the seedlings have been very slow growing. I either not giving them what they need in terms of culture or it's the genetics of the plants. The cross is 'Jumbo' x 'Half and Half'. Both parents are half alba.

I have the same cross which was deflasked in spring of 2006, and they are very SLOW growers. My Phrag kovachii flask is growing like a weed in comparison. Paph charlesworthii seems to be a slow grower until it is almost blooming size, then they grow fairly well. My other Paph charlesworthii crosses are just as slow.

What percentage of albinistic plants are you seeing?

I really like this one Ross.

I think the frilly dorsal would actually be considered a fault, but I think it adds to the flower in this case.

Mine is in bloom now too, and I'll try to post for comparison.

I have the same cross which was deflasked in spring of 2006, and they are very SLOW growers. My Phrag kovachii flask is growing like a weed in comparison. Paph charlesworthii seems to be a slow grower until it is almost blooming size, then they grow fairly well. My other Paph charlesworthii crosses are just as slow.

What percentage of albinistic plants are you seeing?

I had six out of 25 or so that show no maroon coloration at the base of the leaves. None have bloomed to verify the flower color, but in terms of the ones I have left, the no maroon ones rank 3rd through 6th in size.

Here's mine. It's one of my first slippers from when I started in 2001, and is one of my most dependable bloomers.

Latest posts

Back