Paph charlesworthii fma. sandowiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies for the poor picture. The weather has been dark and rainy, forcing me to photograph under the lights. As this was a small, first bloom seedling, I cut off the flower after photographing it. The green should have been less yellow.

Paphcharlesworthiialba1.jpg

Looks like it has a great shape.
The photo is just overexposed. I find the use of a gray card invaluable in situations like this. Please excuse me if I'm out of line for making unasked-for suggestions.

So why did you cut the flower off?

The seedling is still very small and I want the plant to concentrate its energy into growing. The flower has very good shape for a first bloom charlesworthii. It should hopefully be even better as the plants creates new growths.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dot. I was going to try another few shots, but the storm moving through knocked the power out. It hadn't come back on before we left for Mpls. to go on the Chicago Orchid trip.

awesome !

what is the leafspan on this plant ? (just to get an idea on when I can expect mine to bloom)

PS : once the flower is already open it does not really help to cut off the flower as the energy is already "spent"...

PS: once the flower is already open it does not really help to cut off the flower as the energy is already "spent"...

Hello Sangii,

What I can say from my own experience - it helps a lot to cut off the flower a few days after it's fully opened. O.k. you are right it took the plant a lot of energy to evolve the flower but it will take at least the same energy to maintain it over a full flowering period.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Albanistic charleswortii

If my "old" brain remembers right, this was described by Guido Braem in honour of Len Sandow in Miami.
Len is a publisher who was involved with Guido at the time
Paul

Back