Paph. charlesworthii, album 'Wacousta'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! I'll let you know if a selfing takes.

I don't know how many times I've open this post and read folks comments assuming I've already posted. Damn! I just checked the whole post, nothing! I'm sorry Dot and that is one awsome plant/ flowers!!!!

I wondered where you were. :poke:

I don't know how many times I've open this post and read folks comments assuming I've already posted. Damn! I just checked the whole post, nothing! .......
:rollhappy: :rollhappy: if it's any consolation, I've done that as well, you're not alone!

Hi Dot, I know this is an older posting but any update on the plant and flowers? Also I have a few divisions here such as 'Titan' AM/AOS and 'Green Delight' AM/AOS. Interested in a trade? I like the white petal tips of the 'Wacousta' AM/AOS.

Hi Dot, I know this is an older posting but any update on the plant and flowers? Also I have a few divisions here such as 'Titan' AM/AOS and 'Green Delight' AM/AOS. Interested in a trade? I like the white petal tips of the 'Wacousta' AM/AOS.
An old post, indeed! :) I gave that plant away a long time ago, to Thanh Nguyen (Springwater Orchids) to use for breeding. I don't know if he still has it.

So, I just looked at the photos in this thread. Is that what Photobucket is doing now? Blurring the image unless you pay them their outragous fee?

well the blurred version even looks great!!! :) i think you were all conspiring to help me empty my pockets in Sam's direction :).

Do you still have the cross ID and or parents from the original plant?

Thanh did self this plant and was selling flasks several years ago. I bought one and have a couple of unbloomed seedlings remaining. They have been slow growers, but it may be my fault and not the plants. Mike H

You gave it away? Ooooiii too bad you didn’t keep a division. Did you ask Springwater if he bred and bloom babies for you?
He asked me if I wanted seedlings. I didn't.

well the blurred version even looks great!!! :) i think you were all conspiring to help me empty my pockets in Sam's direction :).

Do you still have the cross ID and or parents from the original plant?
The cross from Sam was ‘Jumbo’ x ‘Half-n-Half’. The year after I got mine awarded, Sam had one awarded that, in my opinion, was even better -- the whole dorsal was pure white.

He asked me if I wanted seedlings. I didn't.

The cross from Sam was ‘Jumbo’ x ‘Half-n-Half’. The year after I got mine awarded, Sam had one awarded that, in my opinion, was even better -- the whole dorsal was pure white.

BTW Sam has 3 different grex available right now... (although none are from any of the parents in your previous plants cross)... so 6 more plants on their way monday DOH!...

Yes you can bring up to fifty houseplants across into Canada from US. This includes orchids. However the border custom officers can confiscate anytime they want. So quite risky. The other way to US is a completely different rule and I don’t think you have a US houseplant rule.

About the houseplant rule into the US, the us interpretation of bringing a small household of orchids involves moving your plants through an airlines basically in your luggage. Not through a ground border station. This is what I was told at the border by Niagara Falls ny. For ground input, you need yellow stickers from a nursery retailer showing that the plants were grown by a nursery and not wild collected. If the Canadian nursery doesn’t have the stickers you cAn ask if they can get them but likely they need expensive certification etc to get this and get stickers. I remember when I tried importing the Paph species flasks of the one that looks like tiny niveum, I received green and yellow stickers to be sent to foreign nursery to put on the box to indicate a proper import of completely cultivated orchids. May be the same general sticker. Likely a pot plant orchid wholesaler would have these stickers, but don’t know really.

Latest posts

Back