Paph. Cascade Creek x gardineri in bloom again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this hybrid in bloom with 4 flowers in a December.
It is in spike again with 4 buds.
Although the flower is not balanced with a narrow lip and the petals are not extremely long yet very twisted, to have it bloom twice within 6 months is a bonus.
It’s a keeper for me and is a compact plant compared to my roth, sand, stonei, philip larger leaf plants.
1620269610903.jpeg
1620269636568.jpeg

Love the twisting petals, and a reliable bloomer on a compact plant is a bonus! Looks similar to QF Hula Dancer, but better color. Nice job getting it to bloom again so quickly!

Love the perfect tight twists reminiscent of philippinense even though it’s not in the familial genetics. Goes to show that sanderianum and philippinense have a common ancestor genetically?

Love the perfect tight twists reminiscent of philippinense even though it’s not in the familial genetics. Goes to show that sanderianum and philippinense have a common ancestor genetically?
Thanks for the information on ancestry. I am in the scientific world so I always appreciate genetics. Your orchid knowledge is so superior and advanced, that I learn something every post of yours I read.

Very nice flowers with nice chocolate colour and long tightly twisted petals. They may be the heritage of a good specimens of Paph. glanduliferum/Paph. preastans (Syn P. gardineri). Flowering this plant within 6 months for the second time is impressive. 👍

Last edited:
Back