Paph Cascade Creek 'OK Too' AM AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Awarded this past weekend. Plant exhibited by Meir Moses of Orchid Konncetion.
Photograph by AOS Photographer David Gould

This is PEOY x adductum var anitum. I don't know why it doesn't just entered as PEOY x anitum since anitum is a recognized species and be Paph Yang-Ji Diamond ? Meir said that's how it was labeled when he got it. And it was awarded under Paph Cascade Creek.

439f5fda5279ed537095e8895ee10331.jpg

b995d954dd6f65ed7f3b02b4562803aa.jpg

very flat long& wide dark color saturated petals, nice shape blooms, a definite keeper, lucky you, good growing!!

That is an incredible clone. I just love these anitum hybrids.

As for the name, I disagree that anitum is recognised as a species in its own right. Not by the scientific botanists in any case. Still I'd be happy for it to be named Yang Ji Diamond to differentiate it from the hybrid with the normal form of adductum. The US seems to be the only country referring to this as Cascade Creek.

That is an incredible clone. I just love these anitum hybrids.

As for the name, I disagree that anitum is recognised as a species in its own right. Not by the scientific botanists in any case. Still I'd be happy for it to be named Yang Ji Diamond to differentiate it from the hybrid with the normal form of adductum. The US seems to be the only country referring to this as Cascade Creek.

I have only seen one nursery here sell or have plants with the name Cascade Creek for this hybrid. I bought 3 or 4 plants from different Sources in this country all labeled yang-ji Diamond. I had to look it up when I saw it labeled as Cascade Creek. I don't know how this got started with another name.

Back