Paph. Carolyn Butcher first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely flowers! With the cultivar names of the parents, I would guess this is Sunset Valley Orchid (SVO) breeding sold by Orchid Inn.

I lost mine of this exact cross due to crown rot. I always thought I was missing out. Now I know.

Indeed, they look as if you could mix them up with ML. Without a tag you probably would'nt see any differences.
In this clone the staminode screams hangianum. Otherwise, ML would be many guesses if this was a lost tag plant.

In this clone the staminode screams hangianum. Otherwise, ML would be many guesses if this was a lost tag plant.

I don't think so, Rick. You know the background of this cross and with this knowledge you can look purposefully for differences or similarities to its parentage. Furthermore the staminode doesn't soooo clearly scream 'hangianum' as you can see in this Magic Latern.
Without a tag.....you have another situation.....and on the first sight my guess would be always ML.

Latest posts

Back