paph callosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for showing that beauty.

BTW what means sublaeve? I have one callosum sublaeve and by first sight I don't see too much difference...

callosum sublaeve has been called several things over the years but most recently it has been formally described as variety warneri . I'm wondering if in fact, this clone is the smaller variety of callosum? The typical or larger callosum has a twist to the dorsal tip that is hard to breed out.

The flower hasn't opened completely and it may never open all the way on this blooming. Get it another week, maybe it will flatten out by then and you can photograph it straight on rather from the bottom of the pot.

BTW what means sublaeve? I have one callosum sublaeve and by first sight I don't see too much difference...

No wonder, if you don't see much difference - var. sulbaleve was formerly also known as var. thailandense, due to the geographic origin of this variety, and, if my memory doesn't fail me completely, the only floral difference in comparison with the typical form is, that it has a markedly smaller flower size. (I'll look it up, when back home, and return with guiltridden amendments if I'm in the wrong!)

I'm wondering if in fact, this clone is the smaller variety of callosum? The typical or larger callosum has a twist to the dorsal tip that is hard to breed out.

I doubt, if this isn't the typical form (look at the in toto-pic: the size of the flower compared to the plant, the outright fat petals, etc.) - but a damn brilliant exemplar of that form!

Kind regards, Jens

Good color Southernbelle. You should of started your own thread instead of hijacking J GDK's!
Sorry about that... I've only been on Slipper Talk for a brief time and don't understand the system. Had no idea I was hijacking someone's thread. Can you private message me the protocol, somehow? Is that possible? Sounds like threads are competitive or something. I thought this was just sharing information.

Latest posts

Back