Paph. callosum var. sublaeve

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
First flower is open for this season with 2 more to follow. This is among my oldest orchids; it was purchased back in 1995.

PaphcallosumJuly7_2007_02.jpg

Looks great! That's a beautiful photo!

I have a bunch of these myself that just came in this spring, and several were in spike, but none survived shipping... guess I'll have to wait until next year :(

- Matt

I like the petal stance on this species.

I also like to hear about plants that have been in collections for a good length of time.

Can you detail some of your culture info that you think has been good for this plant over the years?

Many have come and gone in that time for sure! This one is just a tough old guy. All my slippers are in an unobstructed east window. Winter temps 60-70 F, summer 70-80 F. Watered with standard city water every 5-8 days depending on season. Fertilizer with 15-30-15, 3 out of 4 waterings from March through October..I even fertilize in winter but only every second watering. Repot once every 2 years in a bark-perlite mix. Really nothing out of the ordinary. The plant is in a 7" pot! I have to divide as it is getting out of hand.

Many have come and gone in that time for sure! This one is just a tough old guy. All my slippers are in an unobstructed east window. Winter temps 60-70 F, summer 70-80 F. Watered with standard city water every 5-8 days depending on season. Fertilizer with 15-30-15, 3 out of 4 waterings from March through October..I even fertilize in winter but only every second watering. Repot once every 2 years in a bark-perlite mix. Really nothing out of the ordinary. The plant is in a 7" pot! I have to divide as it is getting out of hand.

This one may be a good one to breed to or self!

Latest posts

Back