Paph callosum 'Eric'x tigrinum 'Candor Caracal'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

Newly opened for the 1st time.
100_0043.jpg

I suddenly have a new favorite Paph hybrid. What an incredible combination of the parents. Wow...

Now, where can I get a dozen of these? Or at least one.

I had some of those when I got a compot from Antec...unfortunately they didn't make it. By the way.....any idea who the "Eric" is in the callosum name?

It's one of these Hybirds, probably only ever been made once... You better hang on to it for dear life.... It will be a while, before that will be available again, if at all.

WOW, really nice. I wonder if all the offspring of this cross turned out so nicely. Primary crosses are usually pretty consistent aren't they?

John,shame on you.You should never say anything like that.You know that's the kiss of death when someone says that about an orchid.Suddenly we stress over it & then kill it with kindness :D

Wow, cool! I really like the spots on the dorsal and the petal, and a wonderful colour on the entire flower. If some European grower decides to make this cross, I'll want one (if the flowers turns out as nicely as yours that is). :D

I'm glad it came out well. The callosum parent was a sublaeve I had bought in a plant shop in the flower district ages ago. I sent a division to Bob. It was a great plant, with spectacular foliage, and always bifloral. The flower looked great from the front, really dark, but had a groove in the back of the pouch, so it wasn't awardable. I'm glad they made such good use of it. Unfortunately, my plant went the way of all too many paphs a few years ago.

I guess, being a cruel realist:
It would be a great idea, to shoot a few more high-quality pictures of this plant!!! It would be a nice way to preserve this stunning and rare tigrinum breeding Personally, I'd show her from all angles, as a plant in total, and also in relation to any other flowering plant you might have available, just for scale really.
Sort of like this concolor vs. canhii:

7216204538_7c126a5e93_b.jpg

That way, your fine plant will to some extend become imortal, if you post the pictures here. I'm not saying your plant is doomed, don't get me wrong, it's just:
So many people like myself love tigrinum, as well as it's very few (far too few) hybrids. The least we can do is: to take good pictures, for further reference, and as a means of preserving what good breeding can be about.
Also, just as an idea!!!: I'd suggest you donate the pollen of your plant to friends that would make use of them. Your 2 pollen could become future tigrinum hybrid history

In my world Paph tigrinum is one of the most underated of all Paphiopedilums, and I propose we start doing something about it. I, by the way have made the start:
My 3 tigrinum X violascens capsules will be harvested any day now, and henryanum x tigrinum is ready as well...

6032656253_885cfdbe57_b.jpg

4563347365_8fdd3330b2_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back