Paph Bryce Larkin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, how long did it take from the fist sign of sheath appearing at the center to open bloom?
Mine (the ones that blasted and one that's been in sheath for months now) took so long. I'm about to throw them in the garbage bin!! hahaha

I didn't keep accurate records, but it may have been as long as 4-5 months, but for the first 2-3 months the bud remained in the sheath. You could tell something was going to happen because you could see the sheath get thicker each week until it finally split open. (I will neither confirm nor deny that I may have used a tool to open the sheath and examine the bud before it emerged.) Mike

Thanks, Mike!
Mine has been in sheath for at least 4 months. In the last two months, there has been no change in its development. So, I'm losing my hope at this point. It is shooting up five new growths, some are in the form of stolons, and others are rising right from the base of the main growth.
So, it is a great grower, but I guess I'm failing it by not being able to provide consistently cool & humid environment for proper flower production.

Back