Paph Bryce Larkin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great outcome! Your plant's flower is much better suited to my tastes than the BL that flowered for me. My plant's flower was white and the tessellation was reduced to mostly being speckles. I'm hoping it improves next time it flowers, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

I bought a compot from Windy Hill in 2016. The first seedling that came to spike was early last year, but it sat low for many months and eventually just dried up. The plant was at 6 inch across with multiple growths via stolons already! It was the smallest yet among the two most vigorous among the bunch. The second vigorous seedling with five new growths (both via stolongs and right at the foot of the mother plant) has been in sheath for many months. It is about 8-9inch wide. I really hope it blooms this year. The rest of the seedlings are tad bit smaller and all single-growth plants.

I have one from Piping Rock from their own breeding. It was in sheath for many months in 2017 and eventually also dried up brown and dead.
It has multiple growths at the moment.

While at it, one of my Barbara Larkin with multiple growths was in bud last year, but it also just sat low for many months and eventually dried up as well. This particular plant was under attack by mites.

Stunning. I have one of those from Windy Hill as well. Seems like a healthy little plant but slow growing, as you said. If mine is half as nice as this one I'll be happy.

Mike, how long did it take from the fist sign of sheath appearing at the center to open bloom?
Mine (the ones that blasted and one that's been in sheath for months now) took so long. I'm about to throw them in the garbage bin!! hahaha

Latest posts

Back