Paph Booth's Strap Leaf

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Purchased from SVO four or five years ago as a large seedling, I now know how it got the name. The leaves are almost 40 cm long and 6.5 cm wide. The cross is Susan Booth "SVO" HCC/AOS x Saint Swithin "Black Rook". The flower spike is 60 cm long and the individual flowers have a natural spread of 21 cm. The vertical is 24 cm and the dorsal width is 6 cm. The substance of the flower is very heavy and waxy and the plant is a strong grower.

I buy plants from SVO at least once a year. They have an annual sale where the prices are reduced and you get additional discounts on volume and AOS membership. Most of the plants I have received are comparable in quality to this one.

Mike
flower.jpg plant.jpg

Those are really striking flowers that grab your attention. Great pronunced stripes.

I do have a plant of this hybrid which I have been growing for years. So slow. It did come out of quarantine though and has taken time to reestablish. The leaves aren't wide like yours.

Purchased from SVO four or five years ago as a large seedling, I now know how it got the name. The leaves are almost 40 cm long and 6.5 cm wide. The cross is Susan Booth "SVO" HCC/AOS x Saint Swithin "Black Rook". The flower spike is 60 cm long and the individual flowers have a natural spread of 21 cm. The vertical is 24 cm and the dorsal width is 6 cm. The substance of the flower is very heavy and waxy and the plant is a strong grower.

I buy plants from SVO at least once a year. They have an annual sale where the prices are reduced and you get additional discounts on volume and AOS membership. Most of the plants I have received are comparable in quality to this one.

Mike
View attachment 15709 View attachment 15710
Um what’s SVO?

Latest posts

Back