Paph. Booth's Sand Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
(Lady Isabel x sanderianum)
This is the third blooming for this plant, and although it's quite nice, it hasn't ever given me more than 3 flowers. :mad:

Paph_SusanBooth-2012.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting one Dot. It looks a lot like my Susan Booth

Yes, you have to wonder about the ID. There seems to be praestans in there and there is no petal length at all given one parent is sanderianum. I can't see any sanderianum in it actually. I'd say it is a very nice Susan Booth.

Time for Dot to eat humble pie…again!
Rick and David, you are right. Just before I photographed this plant, I saw another multifloral in spike and noted that it was Booth's Sand Lady, so that's the name that stuck in my mind when I brought it into my computer for editing and posting.

Here's the real Booth's Sand Lady, in spike:

Paph_BoothsSandLady-buds-2012.jpg

So the picture above is indeed Susan Booth, which has never given me more than 3 flowers. My Susan Booth is from Ratcliffe, and the parents are: rothschildianum ‘Chas. E.’ FCC/AOS x praestans ‘Knob Creek’ HCC/AO

Happens to the best of us Dot. :)

I have never got more than 3 flowers on my Susan Booth either. Depending on the praestans clone it maybe hard to get more. Although I can't blame that as I have seen another clone from the same flask as mine with 5 flowers. I think it is just a matter of increasing the size of the plant to get more flowers. Unfortunately for me my plant fell apart into several small pieces so I'm starting again.

I see what you're up to Dot. You were testing us to see who was or wasn't awake! The best blooming for my so far has also been 3 flowers. The clone I have throws side growths like cazy so I'm hoping to put David's therory to the test.

I see what you're up to Dot. You were testing us to see who was or wasn't awake! The best blooming for my so far has also been 3 flowers. The clone I have throws side growths like cazy so I'm hoping to put David's therory to the test.

Apparently it was me who wasn't awake! :snore:

Latest posts

Back