Paph Bobby Orr fma album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another albino family member I like to introduce: Paph Bobby Orr fma album
Bobby Orr = stonei x Mount Toro {= stonei x philippinense}
As a "die hard albino species lover" I realize I will have to wait many years before my "100% stonei album" seedling will ever flower, so you can imagine I was delighted to come across mature sized Bobby Orr album (as it has 75% of the desired stonei album genes). I purchased it early December so I cannot claim any credit for growing or flower bud intiation, that is for the Exotic Plant Company where I found it. My deepest wish after discovering the bud, was to find a lot of stonei in the flower shape combined with a lot of philippinense growing vigor. I was not disappointed when it opened. I love it !

I am not worried about a slightly shorter petal on the first ever flower, that had to suffer relocating, repotting, and my mandatory quarantaine routines.
Very happy with this new family member, hope you like it too.

bobby01.jpgbobby02.jpgbobby03.jpgbobby04.jpgbobby05.jpg

Very nice. Good acquisition, you can take credit for that. Thanks for sharing. I gave someone from this forum my flask of stonei album to grow and they killed them. :(

Definitely like that one.

Anybody know about origins for that registered name? As a hockey fan, it’s an interesting choice. Just wondering if it’s a coincidence or deliberate.

Anybody know about origins for that registered name? As a hockey fan, it’s an interesting choice. Just wondering if it’s a coincidence or deliberate.
[/QUOTE]
Yes. The cross was made by Mr. Frank Booth. I happen to speak to him quite often. Very beautiful 😍. I have never seen the alba form. It was deliberate. He loves the Bruins!
Peter

Yes. ….. It was deliberate. He loves the Bruins!
Peter
[/QUOTE]

Love it! Thanx for that anecdote!

.....Very happy with this new family member, hope you like it too.

Dirk, at any rate.....I like it a lot, it's very attractive ! 👌
So you have good expiriences with the Exotic Plant Company ? I've been thinking about to buy few plants from them since few weeks. So far I didn't do it also due tu the winter weather at the moment.

Last edited:
So you have good experiences with the Exotic Plant Company ? I've been thinking about to buy few plants from them since few weeks. So far I didn't do it also due to the winter weather at the moment.
This was my first purchase and my experience was good. Plants I ordered were extremely good quality. Communication was professional and very personal. Just by luck our travels crossed and we could work out a pick up agreement, so I really cannot comment on winter shipping; plant packaging or transport. But it was nice to meet Michael in person and I will order again in future.

So you have good expiriences with the Exotic Plant Company ?
My compatriot, Per in these pages a.k.a. P.K.Hansen, did business with them and was very satisfied. On his recommendation I definately count on buying from them in the near future - that is when my bleak midwinter moratorium on buying new plants is lifted! ;)

Latest posts

Back