Paph. Black Diamond (for TADD)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Paph_Black_Diamond.jpg

For Tadd. Black Diamond is fairrieanum x delenatii. I've had this plant for years, this is the first time it has bloomed. Cute, if you can tell through my poor photography.

Pretty flower, you can really see the influence of both parents. I had one flower for me this year also, very similar to yours. How big is your flower? I though mine seemed to be smaller than both parents.

gary

gary said:
Pretty flower, you can really see the influence of both parents. I had one flower for me this year also, very similar to yours. How big is your flower? I though mine seemed to be smaller than both parents.

gary

I haven't measured it, but I had pretty much the same impression. Smaller than I would have expected. The colors are a bit more vivid and crisp in person.

TADD said:
Mmmmmmm fairrieanum..... Awesome! If you are underwhelmed with it I might be in the market sooon.....
Oh, I kind of like it. I knew it would be good, and I seem to recall paying actual dollars for it! *grin* But, it may fall apart into a few pieces next time I repot. If I ever get around to repotting...

I did a quick check of Wildcatt, there are a number of awarded Black Diamonds (some more than 25 years ago) natural spreads from 7.5 cm to > 9 cm. I haven't seen any that size of the seedlings floating around.

Could this be an effect of whether or not the parvi was the pod or pollen parent. I seem to recall an article many years ago by Bob Jones regarding remaking Angela or perhaps Iona.

Any thoughts?

gary

Very nice, it is interesting to see how dominant delanatii is in all its crosses, regarding colour and shape

Latest posts

Back