Paph Betty Glenn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Paph Betty Glenn is Liemianum 'Red Lula' x Utgart 'Dream Land'

I'm not entirely sure what Utgart is but I am really pleased by this flower.
9rd5c4zl.jpg

qXEGyaal.jpg

CqqRPvkl.jpg

gj00sKNl.jpg

yeah, I find that I keep going over to look at it all day. I'm still amazed how flat the dorsal is and hope that it will stay flat.

Thanks for the info on what Utgart is Alberto

It's beautiful and that pink pouch is outstanding. Thanks for the explanation of the "Utgaard" on one of my delenatii tags...the tag reads
delenatii ('Jupiter' x Utgaard 'Monsoon Loki'). It's a small plant and hasn't
bloomed yet. I have no idea what it may look like.

How can this be a delenatii species with two different species involved
as one parent?????

That is lovely, the dorsal is outstanding. I fear that Oz is right, a few of these will certainly end up being offered as species. Crossed back onto any one of its species parents will certainly muddy the issue further. Unfortunately that is the fate of this group.
Angela, unfortunately, your delenatii will turn out to be a delophylum lookalike (or perhaps an improvement on delophylum)

That's Delophylum Gary! I don't beleive there is a double "a" in the spelling of Utgard. Nice hybrid BTW

Ah well, I've just about given up on proper spelling on tags. It was a gift
so I didn't look at gift Paph. in the mouth...so to speak. I have other dels and
if this one is an ugly, I'll learn to live with it.

update - 2nd flower

and here is the second flower...it is nice but I think the first was a little better and I was a little disappointed that there was zero overlap between the first two flowers. But at least it is holding each one a long time.

8fJuQjnl.jpg

uVA6ot7l.jpg

Latest posts

Back