Paph.bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
Had a very old plant of this years ago, a division from a friend's plant which I'm fairly certain was a division of a wild-collected plant from the 1960's or so. It was a sickly thing, only bloomed a couple times over the 15-20 years I had it, always trying to die. It finally succeeded and I got another a few years back of seedling origin, which has done well for me and become quite a robust grower and bloomer. Gave me three flowers two years ago, took a rest last year and had only one, then this year, back to full steam with three again. Hard not to like this one!

bellatulum0419.jpg bellatulumfull0419.jpg

Very beautiful, indeed! What's not to like about it? Even the backside of the dorsal sepal is gorgeous! Well grown! (I've, myself, found this species quite finicky to grow and have killed off a couple :oops: Hope I'll have a bit more luck with the ones, I have now!)

May we trouble you with the measurements?

Kind regards, Jens

Last edited:
Indeed, very nice flowers, a obviously well grown plant - altogether gorgeous.....but what's puzzling me are the shark teeth at the right side of the pot. :)

Indeed, very nice flowers, a obviously well grown plant - altogether gorgeous.....but what's puzzling me are the shark teeth at the right side of the pot. :)

LOL. That's a remnant of a spiderweb I think.

Back