Paph. bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's the second bellatulum from this cross to bloom for me. It looks very similar to the first one that bloomed a couple months ago (second pic). The cross is 'Huge Bold Spots' x 'Red Spots' from Orchid Inn.

I have a couple more in bud behind this one, so will be interesting to see how they bloom out as well.

Wonderful flower! It must of bloomed out with a super short stem. Not enough to get over the side of the plant.

Justin, I love bellatulum. I think that stem will get longer on the next blooming. Thanks for sharing that beautiful flower with us.

Ha Bob, i thought you would notice. The bloom has opened up even more since yesterday when i took the photo. These have also all been sitting in sheath for longer than usual, which i think is affecting the stem length. The flowers are nice though.

update fully opened. very happy with this one! still have 2 more in bud so now i am really excited to see how they turn out...

Your first and third are quite nice, I especially like the third to bloom. Bloom them a couple times before deciding which is the 'best of the bunch'. I am always amazed at differences between bloomings different years on the same plant.

Back