Paph Bel Royal 'Memoria Terry Turner' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
This is the best this clone has flowered. Better than when it was awarded last year. I was a little disappointed it didn't have six flowers given the size of the growths. The bigger growths seem to produce large better quality flowers rather than more flowers.

Two weeks ago this plant was judged Grand Champion of the Canberra Orchid show. Last weekend it was judged Grand Champion of the much larger NSW South and West Regional Conference.

Paph Bel Royal 'Memoria Terry Turner' AM/AOC

Bel%20Royal%202019%20tt%20tt.jpg

Bel%20Royal%202019%20tt.jpg

David, that's a very nice 'Bel Royal' and its a stunner even with 'just' 5 flowers. Congrats to grow it so well and to the awards it got.

Those are really nice flowers, no doubt. I think my favorite aspect of them is the lip. Sometimes kolo can muddy that up, but in this case, I think the tessellated look gives it a very unique appearance. Obviously it would be nice to see 6+ flowers, since you typically expect higher flower count from kolopakingii, but if the flowers are larger this time around, that works, too! The plant must be a beast in size, though.

Latest posts

Back