Paph barbigerum: three examples in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are three examples of Paph barbigerum currently in bloom

PaphbarbigerumG607.jpg

PaphbarbigerumB607.jpg

PaphbarbigerumJoan607.jpg

A couple of notes: The first two are sibs from the same compot. Many of you expressed a preference for the third flower. This is a division of Paph barbigerum 'Joan' HCC/AOS.

Well, Joan's gotta shave those hairy armpits. :rollhappy: Very nice.

-Ernie

Hi Ernie,

You are absolutely right - hairy armpits a out of fashion. Nowadays shaved armpits an other zones are en vogue!!:)
Three beauties but the last one was awarded not in vain!!
3.gif

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Is the last one a division of one of Howard Gunn's plants? He's known for wonderful species paphs and always names his awarded plants Joan after his wife. Fantastic grower and nice, nice man by the way. Happens to live about 30 mins. from me.

Is the last one a division of one of Howard Gunn's plants? He's known for wonderful species paphs and always names his awarded plants Joan after his wife. Fantastic grower and nice, nice man by the way. Happens to live about 30 mins. from me.

The grower of the plant is listed as Orchidaceae of Walla Walla, WA. That is also where I purchased the division.

Actually I know Joan from Orchidaceae. She gave me the tour of their greenhouse last year. She's very nice. I think there are more plants named after her.

Craig

ps...I've never really looked at her arm pits though.

Latest posts

Back