Paph barbigerum 'G'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I got this guy from fellow ST, Ross Love'in it. I did post Ross's PIC of the same plant on another thread I started http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14409

Here's my blooming
p1020951.jpg

p1020952p.jpg

and finally.
p1020949u.jpg

very, very nice bloom; fine coloring!!!

Can there be a spec. reason for this dorsal twist? I had it on my herrmanii bloom, it did not disappear :eek:! Jean

I'm not sure about the twist in the dorsal. OnRoss's blooming it's not there. It could be that my plant is not as mature as Ross's was at the time of his photo. I'm not even sure it this is the right time of the year for barbigerum to bloom! I know there is plenty of humidity, it hasn't stopped raining in 30 days or more.:(

I know!! It's still raining here! Had a nice thunderstorm yesterday and last night. Very nice bloom! I like the colors and shape!

...from a judging standpoint, the twist may not be desirable BUT it sure does have character! :clap::clap::clap:
I think this is the time of the year for barbies, I have one in bud ....... it's from Ross too!

I'm not sure about the twist in the dorsal. OnRoss's blooming it's not there. It could be that my plant is not as mature as Ross's was at the time of his photo. I'm not even sure it this is the right time of the year for barbigerum to bloom! I know there is plenty of humidity, it hasn't stopped raining in 30 days or more.:(

This particular cultivar has not had that twist in the dorsal before. I would suspect that it would not happen on the next bloom. It's interesting how the color is darker on your blooming. It must be the cooler weather. My flower bloomed in July.

This particular cultivar has not had that twist in the dorsal before. I would suspect that it would not happen on the next bloom. It's interesting how the color is darker on your blooming. It must be the cooler weather. My flower bloomed in July.
I'm thinking the same thing Ross, air temperature. It could be the Epson's Salts I've been applying with each watering too. Rick in Tenn swears by it.

Ross or Rick are these the seedling plants that were on sale last year at the end of the year??? If so I can't wait to see mine bloom.

Ross or Rick are these the seedling plants that were on sale last year at the end of the year??? If so I can't wait to see mine bloom.

This is a division of a plant I have been growing for quite some time. That is why I can be fairly certain that the dorsal twist is an aberration for this plant as it has never done this in six years of blooming for me.

Back