Paph Avenue Azhar x Satchels Legend bud watch

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then remember, it might grow in size for 1-2 weeks
It's opening faster than I thought now. Enough for me to get a bit of a look at the petals. I have to say I was hoping for dots, but they appear to be dotless. As far as I know this is a first bloom, do you know if there's a possibility for subsequent blooms on paphs to change as much as to suddenly have the dots when they did not before, or am I stuck with the basic look for the future?

I for my part would in this cross anytime opt for 'the darker the better'! And hence I would never consider myself 'stuck with' and neither should you! And, please, remember, plants are sentient, living beings - tread carefully not to hurt their feelings!

However, if you are a sucker for spots, get yourself a nice P. sukhakulii, P. Argus, or if you would like the spotting on the dorsal, P. henryanum!

Last edited:
I for my part would in this cross anytime opt for 'the darker the better'! And hence I would never consider myself 'stuck with' and neither should you! And, please, remember, plants are sentient, living beings - tread carefully not to hurt their feelings!

However, if you are a sucker for spots, get yourself a nice P. sukhakulii, P. Argus, or if you would like the spotting on the dorsal, P. henryanum!
It was just a hope, as I said I did buy this without knowing what it would look like exactly. I like a good "mystery grab bag" every now and then. It's also the only one of that type I've bought so far. The others I've gotten have been the more fluffy pouchy types (and one bulldog type). I didn't have plans to get more like this, so spotted or not, it will remain, and I'll be happy if it continues to provide me with blooms.

I reread my post, and think I have to add, that the part about the plants feelings and what you have to do/think, could sound harsh if one is not familiar with my sometimes twisted humor.

Was not intended, as my tongue was, at the time of writing, deeply buried in my cheek. An emoji might, though, have been appropriate to lighten things up a bit and/or signify, that I was roaming the fields of irony!

I hope, I haven't scared you totally away by sounding like a gruff, retired coronel from the days of the Raj! 😉

Kind regards, Jens

PS. Keep us posted, when the flower has opened fully!

I reread my post, and think I have to add, that the part about the plants feelings and what you have to do/think, could sound harsh if one is not familiar with my sometimes twisted humor.

Was not intended, as my tongue was, at the time of writing, deeply buried in my cheek. An emoji might, though, have been appropriate to lighten things up a bit and/or signify, that I was roaming the fields of irony!

I hope, I haven't scared you totally away by sounding like a gruff, retired coronel from the days of the Raj! 😉

Kind regards, Jens

PS. Keep us posted, when the flower has opened fully!
Thank you for the clarification 🙂 I spend a lot of time on an international knitting forum, so I have learned that sometimes plain text does not convey intent or sarcasm or humor very well, and I try not to jump to the worst conclusion. So you haven't scared me away at all!

I'm hoping it will be open enough today to get a good picture. There does seem to be a thin brown line on one petal that looks like some mechanical damage maybe, but I'm not sure. It was shipped to me while in bud, so I guess anything is possible.

Latest posts

Back