Paph. armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
A beautiful flower. What do your min temps get down to in Honolulu?
We’ve had a cool spring (for Hawaii), particularly our overnight temps. I would say low 60s F. That is combined with humidity running 60-70% and higher. We have also had decent trade winds, but this particular Paph is pretty sheltered from rain and high winds. It’s just starting to warm up a bit.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Great flower. Very short spike though.

Still .... So so jealous lol. Still waiting for mine to bloom, even sticking them to 50F/10C nights.

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Kate whats in the clay pot?
PS. Outstanding flower
Hi Rick, Thanks! I’m pretty sure it’s just old NZ sphagnum moss with moss growing on it in a 4 inch clay pot. I might have tossed a white river rock in the middle. Like many of my plants, it was due for repotting - but then I noticed it was spiking. I have 2 other armeniacum that I moved to a different potting style/media relatively recently. They are doing great, but no flowers.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
To join the choir.....lovely Paph. armeniacum, good shape and what a yellow....... 👌

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I killed mine pretty quickly. Totally jealous! Super well grown!!!

NEslipper

Reaction score
Beautiful, and such a cheerful, spring color. I’m beginning to get jealous of how well everything seems to grow in Hawaii, parvis, multifloral paphs, phrags, cattleyas...the list goes on. Nice growing!

Latest posts