Paph armeniacum x hangianum...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking forward to its opening too...!!!! I have no idea how it is going to look like...!!!! Let's all wait for it... :):):) Thank you...

I am looking forward to its opening too...!!!! I have no idea how it is going to look like...!!!! Let's all wait for it... :):):) Thank you...

Good luck, hangianum x armeniacum is a really beautifull hybrid. Like most of the hangianum hybrid, it's make huge flower.

Here is a photo of one just opening:

Attachments

• hangianium x armeniacum.jpg
    hangianium x armeniacum.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 54
Hello all,

This is the looks of the bud today... I think that the spotting on the pouch reveals something else.... Although the colour seems to getting yellow-green it resembles of an armeni white mostly, but leaves are totally different... I will wait to see what happens... enjoy...:D

Micranthum: what is the size of the flower you showed us? Thank you ...!!!!

Attachments

• Paph armeniacum x hangianum.JPG
    Paph armeniacum x hangianum.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 37
  • Paph armeniacum x hangianum 1.JPG
    Paph armeniacum x hangianum 1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 25
Good luck, hangianum x armeniacum is a really beautifull hybrid. Like most of the hangianum hybrid, it's make huge flower.

Here is a photo of one just opening:

Like most hangianum hybrids, it make me make huge something else. :rollhappy: That's just naughty. Blame it on Jim Roy's wine and jet lag and pretend I never typed it.

-Steve Jobs (Ernie's naughty, evil twin)

PS yeah I know there's no time change between Winnipeg and Chicago, but I was fishing for excuses...

This was the flower today... Tomorrow is a new day... :D

Attachments

• paph arm x hang.JPG
    paph arm x hang.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 26
  • paph armaniacum x hangianum.JPG
    paph armaniacum x hangianum.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 17
Almost open. It seems pale in colour... Light green or yellow... Not as clear as micranthum's...

Attachments

• paph.JPG
    paph.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 54
Hello all,

Micranthum: what is the size of the flower you showed us? Thank you ...!!!!

Biothanasis, the flower is about 16cm. Mine is quite different than yours, for those hybrid is is important to choose "good" parents in order to have good shape.

I am glad you like it and I am happy to have it from the very beggining, but judging from the flower of mocranthum's plant I thought it was another hybrid...

The size of mine as measured today is 7cm... Do you think next bloom will be bigger??? It is its first flower and I enjoy it very much.. :D:D:D:D

I am glad you like it and I am happy to have it from the very beggining, but judging from the flower of mocranthum's plant I thought it was another hybrid...

My thought is exact the same as yours. I kind of expect a much more flat & chubby pouch (I thought that both hangianum & armeniacum have pouches with more width then height)
I wonder what the hybrider see in the parents?

Back