Paph armeniacum 'Whippoorwill'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suss16

Reaction score
PapharmeniacumWhippoowill009.jpg

I got this from Tom two years ago when he was winding things down. It is still in the same 4" pot that I got it in and the same mix. It is now nine growths. My secret? I grow phals and don't care about it ;). My night time temps this winter have not gotten below 65 and it is almost always still wet when it gets watered again - sometimes I actually remember to put it aside when I water the greenhouse. Sorry if this does not help... I was sort of disappointed I only had one bloom... now, I am grateful. It is much nicer in person.

PapharmeniacumWhippoowillplant001.jpg

The plant looks in great condition! I'm surprised that it's so compact, as mine is in a basket, and frequently puts out new growths out of the side! When you repot it, it will be interesting as to whether you have lots of attempted spreading events underneath!

Good growing, and a great flower :clap:

Dan

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't appreciate a blooming armeniacum! :smitten:
..... It is still in the same 4" pot that I got it in and the same mix. It is now nine growths. My secret? I grow phals and don't care about it ;). My night time temps this winter have not gotten below 65 and it is almost always still wet when it gets watered again - sometimes I actually remember to put it aside when I water the greenhouse. Sorry if this does not help...
:rollhappy: Is this the exact opposite of what we'd expect or give it? Sounds like this one is thriving on near neglect?! ........ are we pampering too much?

Is this the exact opposite of what we'd expect or give it? Sounds like this one is thriving on near neglect?! ........ are we pampering too much?

Rose, I guess some plants are meant to be neglected... :p

That's such a gorgeous armeniacum... Makes me regret not being able to bloom it where I live... I wish my micranthum looked 1 tenth as gorgeous as your plant...

Latest posts

Back