Paph armeniacum on a "sphag hill" (like a Neo)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
I think that I am going to try to pot my armeniacum this way, packed sphag with dolomite lime. Its like a Neo but without the hole in the middle of the moss. Its going to be on my windowsill rather than underlights to I can be sure that it gets colder during the winter. This one hasn't gotten stolonous but I only had it a year. I hope I can keep it wet enough in the summer (its in my bedroom so I should). I usually rot things in sphag otherwise.
DSCN1994.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

My other armeniacum has a stolon growing through its drainage hole! I'm going to try to fix that but it may break. It needs to rest from growing obiously 16-18oC was not cool enough for me. It won't get as cold as this mounted one since I can't make it touch the window glass in a larger pot.

I'll definitely update. I have a feeling I will have to change pots if it decides to make stolons

My other armeniacum has roots growing out of the long stolon. Very neat. Anyway I potted it up again into a bonsai pot where there are netting in the holes. No more poking out of the pot!

Seems late to give a winter rest, but in Canada we have 1-2 more months of coldness.

Why is this? I hope I can keep it wet enough in the summer (its in my bedroom so I should) You're not a bed wetter are you?:poke:

Very interesting way of growing and I do have a problem with my Paph. amerniacum 'Nova' FCC. The stolons just goes everywhere.

Ramon:)

That's an awesome idea. I don't grow much in sphag except my neos. (and a bulbo ) I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes! ;)

Back