Paph. armeniacum 'Hope'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
A gift from Wendy a few years ago. This is the first time either of us has bloomed it.

10735.jpg

10736.jpg

WOW! Gorgeous! I like everything about this bloom!! Great growing!! Thanks for showing us!!

That one's spectacular. What's the secret to blooming them?

IMO... Abuse the s#$% out of them. Hot, bright, wet summers (we put them outside next to Cattleyas but keep them very hydrated); cool, dimmer, dry winters; and let them clump up instead of dividing (we divide when growths start to ramble away from the pot).

-Ernie

IMO... Abuse the s#$% out of them. Hot, bright, wet summers (we put them outside next to Cattleyas but keep them very hydrated); cool, dimmer, dry winters; and let them clump up instead of dividing (we divide when growths start to ramble away from the pot).

-Ernie

I agree with this except I don't ever give any of my paphs bright light. Prefer longer lower levels of light if possible. armen and micranth like to be cool and slightly dryer in winter. Summer, just like any other paph. Do not divide unless necessary. They will break apart when you very rarely repot. Brings us to most importantly, avoid repotting if you can. They will thrive in much more broken down mix then other paphs. When it is totally broken down of course you need to repott but do not do it every year. If you follow the last two you will get large clumps of parvis.

Latest posts

Back