Paph Armeni White x jackii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
Paph Armeni White x jackii finally bloomed. It used to have two buds but one blasted, maybe from accidental drying.
DSCN0117.jpg

And a group photo with the other ones.
DSCN1637.jpg

Fren,
The Armeni White x jackii has the strangest petals I've ever seen.
Sort of a carnation flower look. (I did not see any edge frills in the parents, so wonder where does the flower get it from?) I only see this sometimes in phrags.

They are only slipped in fancy pots when they are in bloom.

Yea I agree the petals really wierd. Any chance for improvement on its second blooming?
It could have been a cultural problem, because it was growing in medium bark and in a basket like pot, which is very different from my other paphs yet I watered them all the same. This type of potting arrangment would be good in a humid green house but not for indoors, I think the plant was dehydrated since the edges of the leaves look curled.

I love those pots! (Yes, I love the flowers also...). Fortunately I can get them in NYC for very reasonable prices..Jade Gardens on Mulberry St, just south of Canal...I know NYEric and Marco know the place....but these are the perfect pots for really nice paphs and Chinese Cyms....Take care, Eric

Eric.

I also like the deep pots. Does your source have a web site? I would llike to find some larger pots deep enough to place my S/H pots into when they bloom.

My source doesn't have a website.

Try looking in Chinatown or a chinese art retailer too. I know that non-asian sources can be more expensive when it comes to stuff like this. I've seen some pots that are perfect for slipping S/H pots into

I like the lighter, mature bloom better. I think the fragmented petal is a typical trait of jackii. Next time I'm in Canada I'm going to try to get some...ssshhh.

It's very nice despite the fring, I bet it will do better next time judging from what you say. Very beautiful display too.

Update!

Paph Armeni White x jackii bloomed again, this time much better.:) I'm happy I let it bloom again. I still cannot seem to get two buds, although the plant almost wants to. The shape improved though I don't know if the petals will reflex later on this recently opened bloom. Still toothy though
DSCN3694.jpg

Very nice display :)

as per the Armeni White x jackii I really like the colour, the puch and teh staminodium.. however, the petals.. autsch! Note: I am not sure where I have read it, but apparently the saw-toothed petals are result of genetic incompatibility between the parents - Similar occurs in Paph. Wössner Bellarmi (armeniacum x bellatulum). It is quite difficult to find a clon of this cross without this problem, while on the other hand it always have a great colour (at leats those I have seen)

Very nice display :)

as per the Armeni White x jackii ... It is quite difficult to find a clon of this cross without this problem, while on the other hand it always have a great colour (at leats those I have seen)
No, actually it's impossible to get a clone of this cross thanx to CITES inspired stupidity! :viking:

Fren, my Wossner Armenijack had a cleft chin on the first bloom but the second one was fine....not sure about those ragged margins. Amazing overall, how similar your cross is to Wossner Armenijack...was that a Paramount purchase?

Latest posts

Back