Paph argus 3D

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

It's been a little while since I've posted one of these :) This is my second Paph argus to bloom this spring. The first one had better color and petal stance, but this one doesn't have the damage to the dorsal sepal. I was just going to skip it, but I decided that I like to see all of the variation in a species, not just the "best" blooms. So, here it is :) This one ended up exposed ok, there's just a bit of a hitch at about 3/4 of the way through the rotation, and it's not especially well centered :) Oh well... I'm not going to worry about it on this one.

Hope you like it!

http://www.goreorchids.com/SpecPgs/3d-argus/argus-spin.html

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Hi Matthew,
Amazing and absolutely beautiful :clap:
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you take the picture?

gore42 said:
The first one had better color and petal stance, but this one doesn't have the damage to the dorsal sepal. I was just going to skip it......

Hello Matt,

Your 3-D shows are always an attraction therefore I don't really care whether your showed bloom is really first class or slightly less. Your critical points may be true .... but nevertheless it is worth to be shown.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Thanks everyone :)

I should have a sticky post somewhere that tells everyone how I make these, although I must admit that I enjoy being the only one (at the moment) with these to share.

Faan, the short answer is this: I put the orchid on a turntable (my office chair, actually) and take a few dozen photos of it at different angles. I then string the photos together using a Flash action script.

- Matt

Latest posts

Back