Paph. anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very dark dorsal! However, this clone is not favorable for breeding as the crossing petals will likely portrait to the next generation.

Ive not heard that before. Is that from your experience?

I have just entered into the breeding world and have lots of chats with paphio guru in Taiwan. Most of them said that anitum with crossing petals is not good for breeding because of the said reason. I think it is from their thought experience.

Thanks for that.

See this, I just bloomed it. Look at the petal stance, it is exceptional. The pollens have been shipped to Taiwan for breeding.
3_A6_BB7_FB-_EDE3-4169-_A06_D-_CB7931230_DCD.jpg

Well, it all depends on what your perception is for a good anitum. For me that looks like any roth hybrid. The drooping of the petals makes it an adductum/anitum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Totally agree with gego. The drooping is imperative for me to establish the adductum/anitum look, although I do concede that it is perhaps a bit nicer if they don't cross (mine did, of course, but I love it anyway).

Alex

I too prefer the crossed petals. That’s what adductum/anitum is. As stated, it looks like a roth hybrid with outstretched petals.....sometimes human interference doesn’t make something better.

Back