Paph. anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was joking; arrowana is a fish, so I'm guessing no phyto
:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

shows my ignorance. I know orchids, reggae music and women. The rest is just life. :D

Linus my understanding is that as long as the country of origin will grant the seller and buyer a valid phyto, you are fine.

No I won't pay anyones fines, but seriously, how can I be prosecuted for a species that is not registered and is considered invalid. Therefore, adductum and legal.

I'm sidetracking from Eggshells plant. It is superb!:clap:

I thought it was the receiving end where problems take place?? :confused:

I also like to hear about the culture.
But it was you or Justin, or maybe both, who bought a flask or two of anitum, but all the seedlings died within one or two years.
Then what was recommended was that people buy rather established plant as it is much easier to deal with cut all the stress and time in growing them from seedlings.

They are a bit slower growing but not incredibly difficult if given basic cultural parameters. Temps are 15-30, ph should be at 5.5 - 6. Higher humidity might help. Constant moisture on the roots. And low light.

Very nice plant eggshells.
I agree. Constant moisture might be the most important factor imho. If you are growing them in a greenhouse you should find a shady spot. If you have plants like vandas hanging down, place them (not directly) under those plants so that the light has to pass their leaves first.
If you are growing inside you can put them a little further away of the lamps. After 6 years I am growing anitums now I don't think that light is the most important factor as long as they are not fully exposed to the sun/hps light.

Very nice plant eggshells.
I agree. Constant moisture might be the most important factor imho. If you are growing them in a greenhouse you should find a shady spot. If you have plants like vandas hanging down, place them (not directly) under those plants so that the light has to pass their leaves first.
If you are growing inside you can put them a little further away of the lamps. After 6 years I am growing anitums now I don't think that light is the most important factor as long as they are not fully exposed to the sun/hps light.

Did you get your anitums from Europe and if so-- where.

Rgds Ed

Latest posts

Back